Friday 13 October 2017

ESTEC European Space Agency open day













So, went over to Noordwijk in the Netherlands last weekend to attend the Open ESTEC day with thousands of other people! ESTEC is the technical heart of ESA and they open a massive amount of it and a load of the staff volunteer to come back in to talk about the work that they do. It was a fabulous day and met some wonderful people. I took far to many photographs to upload them all so for now I though I'd chuck some of the tweets I did in the storify below. It was great to see all the science and technology but additionally brilliant to meet up with a few people again or for the first time! Most notable was to meet Montasser who works at Innovative Solutions In Space who I have talked to for 4 years and even been on a Hackaday Prize team with but had never met irl. I also got to see the DARE rocketry team (blog from when I visited them earlier this year here) and also got to see Jasper from the Delfispace program who does a lot of work on Pocketqubes. A fabulous event.. if you get the chance to go... GO!

No comments: