Wednesday 19 October 2022

My FreeCAD book! Response is good!

 


I probably should have blogged on this earlier but better late than never! Recently my free to download book "FreeCAD for Makers" has been released on the Raspberry Pi Press. It's an edited together version of 16 tutorials I wrote for Hackspace magazine. I'm extremely pleased with the book, it's written so that if you learn the first two sections you then are equipped with enough knowledge to jump to any other section in the book to explore more advanced and niche uses of parts of the wonderful opensource FreeCAD. It's suitable for absolute beginners in computer aided design (CAD) and covers a real range of CAD uses and approaches. 

The reaction has been great. I'm super proud to have a foreword by Yorik in there who is a legendary contributor and developer of the FreeCAD project and I'm really pleased that the established FreeCAD community approve and have been sharing it widely. Apparently it had over 8000 downloads in the first few days of release. I tweeted about the book release and I think it's the closest I've ever had to a "viral" tweet as it's had well over 1000 likes and over 400 retweets! I'm planning to get back to doing some more FreeCAD videos over on my Youtube channel soon but if you are interested in learning the fantastic FreeCAD then do grab a copy of my book to get you started.




No comments: