Sunday 15 October 2017

15 minute make! Small router table


So, I've been thinking about how I can form consistent bevels in materials mainly for making rocket fins and am experimenting with a few different methods.. yesterday I got a bit of shed time and very quickly made this small router table. It's simply a piece of MDF screwed to my workbench and some holes made to accommodate a cheap Katsu trimmer router I bought a while back. The trimmer router itself is really good for a ridiculously low price! I bought one a while back as I'd seen lots of people using them in CNC builds and was worried that the source might dry out so picked one up! As a small table router it works well on most materials by is to fierce and unforgiving for balsa (I'm currently building a rocket with balsa fins) so my next idea is to try and make a hand powered sanding jig.

Hole cutting drills.. I always tread carefully with these as they seem to want to fling the drill about as they engage!


Couldn't be  simpler way to mount the table... and yes ... my shed needs tidying!


No comments: