Tuesday, 25 August 2026

The Book of Making 2027 from Raspberry Pi

 

Shamefully my blogpost where I kept an up to date of everything I ever wrote for Raspberry Pi press has been a little neglected, it's on my to-do list to get it up to date. However, even despite that bit of evidence I am indeed still writing semi regularly for them. Every year they compile a Book of Making and it pulls stories/makes out and puts them together in this bumper fun book. Some years I get a story in, this year, well I have loads in it!  

 

 

It's not just me of course, there's a heap of stuff that could keep you well entertained and inspired over the winter months, but even the contents page is pretty full of images from my projects (this is a thing that pleases writers!).   There's a tiny robot build with an RP2040 Pico, not one, but two underwater rovers and more!

I'm glad this Meshtastic story went in, it was great fun to take this beyond setting up simple nodes and looking at plugging it into things like the ATAK application etc. Also, love a writing gig where I get to walk into the hills and set up some kit! 

 
I'm super in love with the TOUV (Tiny Open source Underwater Vehicle) project. It's a ridiculously simple and fun project to undertake, cheap and highly entertaining to play with once built. Check out this little video of it in all it's cuteness... https://makertube.net/w/vSYDwqJhckUgQhEmtSfnjt

There's even bits and bobs I'd kind of forgotten I'd written. This article on electronics enclosures was pretty well received, it can sometimes seem mundane to write this kind of content but generally people react well to these sort of "multiple ways to achieve things" type tutorials. 
 
Anyway, the Book of Making 2027 is out now and, as they say, available from all good retailers (well and those billionaires sites as well).  





 

No comments: