As ever, way overdue, I released issue 5 of my "pay as you feel" SOURCE magazine into the wild last week. It's all about rocket design with the main bulk of the magazine being a step through tutorial for Openrocket. Openrocket is free and open source and under active development which is fabulous. It not only allows you to design a rocket it allows you to simulate it's flight using real world motor data from commercial rocket motors.
The magazine steps on to then take a quick look at the FreeCAD rocket workbench and how simple it is to transfer parameters from your Openrocket design into it to create exportable CAD for your rocket parts for 3D printing or CNC routing etc.
I'm super pleased to also now have more than one line of SOURCE magazines over on the website! I don't know why but it seems an important milestone. I've got lots of ideas in the pipeline for future issues, there's certainly going to be an Open Flexure Microscope build tutorial and also a getting started with Open Street Map editing article coming soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment