Monday 30 November 2020

TS100 Cable Mod, Super Silicon



This little modification sits firmly in the "I should have done this months ago" file. I love my TS100 soldering iron and have blogged about it before. I normally power it from one of a couple of spare laptop power supplies that are kicking around and it's fine ...ish.. The laptop power supply cables aren't that flexible and this particular one had an angled plug which makes handling the TS100 a bit weird. 

When I bought my TS100 it came with an extra cable which is a really nice soft and flexible silicon cable with a barrel connector at one end and an XT60 connector at the other, this is a great cable that allows you to run the TS100 of a LiPo battery. It was only today that the synapse fired! Cutting off the barrel socket on the power supply and soldering an XT60 connector to it means that I can use the very nice silicon cable as the last bit of cable both at my desk and in the field. 

No comments: