Tuesday 7 September 2021

Tool Tuesday - RS Pro Flat Nose Pliers

It's pretty fair to say I love all types of pliers as tools. I have a few sets of more expensive pliers but the majority of my collection are pretty cheap and cheerful. One type that I use a lot are flat nose pliers, a sort of thin nosed pliers where the jaws bend away from the grip. The RS Pro flat nose pliers are a reasonable set of smaller ones for not too much money. They are small enough to often be used as a slightly more forceful set of tweezers and I often use them to place small nuts and fasteners where my fingers are too big to fit. I I had one small gripe it's that they aren't particularly precise in closing and the jaws don't align perfectly as you would find in higher quality tools. However they are great for many tasks and are perfect for one of my favourite little hacks, if you place a rubber band around the handles you can use them as a small low pressure clamp holder that's capable of holding the work slightly off the bench. Super handy for soldering, clamping small glued items or I've even used this to create temporary test stands for tiny motors. 



No comments: