Saturday 12 January 2013

Making Mini Matrix Mixers

So a bit late...Happy new year!


I've been continuing my odyssey into PCB manufacturing and have designed and built this small (10cm by 9cm) passive matrix mixer with 4 inputs and 4 outputs. I'm currently building some more of these and am going to try and sell them online which I'll announce here and via my twitter feed. If you're interested in these I've done a couple of videos, this first one explains a bit about how they work before venturing into some feedback sounds at about 3minutes..

New handmade mini matrix mixer from concretedog on Vimeo.


I've also done another video today featuring some crazy sounds from a gameboy running the mighty Trippy H...its a bit of a slow start but I like the sounds about half way through....

More Mini Matrix Mixer from concretedog on Vimeo.


Finally if you want further examples of matrix mixing on of the tracks of my album "The coracle and the yellow shell" was made completely from a matrix mixer setup with a string reverb and other bits...here it is..



So stay tuned and if you have any questions feel free to get in touch.

3 comments:

MikiStrange said...

Wow. That's amazing. I wisk I hadn't sold my PodXT Live now. Can you fix bigger twiddly knobs to the top of those pots? I'm kind of curios now.

concretedog said...

Cheers for looking mr Miki, I can't really think of a way of adding bigger knobs without making a load of work! I/you could glue dowels on or something!!

Anonymous said...

Don't suppose you still have any of these make them?