Monday 23 March 2009

Trying out Nanoloop 1.3



I picked up a second hand copy of Nanoloop the excellent synth/sequencer cartridge for the Nintendo Gameboy and an old DMG 01 gameboy which have the best sound output. I was away for the weekend so took just my gameboy and my eee which made a fun portable setup. I'm slowly getting to grips with Nanoloop...it's not to complex I needed the manual to work out how to save patterns and sequence songs etc but once you've done these proccess it becomes pretty instinctive...I found I spent a lot of the time i had available experimenting to find sounds...there is an astonishing array of tones in this app..

I'm sure I'll use this to create something better than this.. but just for kicks here are my first and second attempts...both of which linger around the darker sonic side of nanoloop! These are just recorded straight into reaper and normalised with no other proccessing...

<a href="http://concretedog.bandcamp.com/track/nanoloop-1-3-2nd-attempt">Nanoloop 1.3 2nd attempt by concretedog</a>

<a href="http://concretedog.bandcamp.com/track/nanoloop-1-3-1st-attempt">Nanoloop 1.3 1st attempt by concretedog</a>

No comments: